USA & CANADA 2016: PART I.

Saturday 1 October 2016


Around two years ago I decided that in the summer I turned twenty-one I would go on a trip to America. I'm happy to say that I followed through on this promise to myself, and it was better than I could have ever imagined. Between the 3rd of July and the 16th of August this year I spent time all over the east coast of the US, and then also a little bit of the midwest and Canada. For the most part I stayed with friends; friends I'd made at uni, in high school, on the Internet and through bands - it was really cool. I had never planned such a big (and fairly ambitious) trip alone, so it was definitely a big thing for me, but I really did have the best time. Instead of rambling away at you with ridiculously long descriptions of the places I visited and the things that I saw, I'm going to show you some of my favourite photos from the trip.


Let's go on a little journey around North America, shall we? Here are my favourite photos from my first week. I started in Hamilton, NJ (though there are no photos from there in this post) and ended the week in Ithaca, NY.

Princeton, NJ - 05.07.16:











New York, NY - 06.07.16:








Ithaca, NY - 08.07.16 & 09.07.16:



 If you're curious, I took all the photos on either my iPhone SE or my Olympus E-PL7 camera. If you're even more curious, I made a one-second-a-day-kinda-but-not-really video about the whole trip and I really love it, so it'd be awesome if you could check it out. My favourite photos in this post are definitely my New York ones - do you have any favourites from the ones I've shown you? I think I was on surprisingly good form that day (it was surprising because it was an unfathomably hot day and the entire time I was trying my hardest not to melt into a puddle on the floor). By the way, Ithaca was the first stop on a New Jersey-to-Toronto road trip I took with two friends - the rest of said trip you will see in my next post, so stay tuned for that!

See you next time!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment