USA & CANADA 2016: PART V.

Sunday 30 October 2016
Here we are - the final photos of my summer trip! After Chicago I flew to Florida, where I stayed with Marisa and her family (including three adorable dogs, one of whom is featured). Most of the photos I took in Florida are at the same beach, including a photo shoot that Marisa and I had on said beach, because what else do you do when it's raining a little and you're right next to the ocean? If you're curious, I captured the photoshoot images by setting my camera on a signpost and using my phone as a remote control. Ah, technology. After Florida I flew back to Hamilton, NJ and the very next day Steph and I took a train to Obamatown Washington D.C. We met up with our friend Jelena, who I hadn't seen since early January 2014. Jelena studied abroad at King's in my first semester of university (as did Steph) and it was so much fun to be able to hang out with her again, even if only for a weekend. We stayed with Jelena's sister and fiancé and they showed us the sights, amidst an unfortunate 100-degree (PLUS) heat. Anyway, let's hit it.

Redington Shores, FL - 02.08.16 - 12.08.16:











Washington, D.C. - 13.08.16 - 15.06.16:











Somewhere above the Atlantic Ocean - 16.08.16 - 17.08.16:

I HAVE FINISHED! That is the last of all the photographs I wanted to show you from my time in the USA and Canada. Honestly, this summer was my favourite summer ever - I got to hang out with so many wonderful friends (some old, some newer) and their families, and I met some lovely people and laughed and sang and danced and fell in love with Toronto and laughed some more and had so many amazing experiences. I cannot recommend enough going on your travels with friends; it makes the experience even more special. This was the biggest trip I've ever done (especially one that I had planned entirely myself) and everything went pretty much as smoothly as it could (minus the whole part when my suitcase didn't show up at Geneva airport when I finally got home) (I got it back within 24 hours, don't worry) (I wasn't even stressed in any way...I think I'm an alien). I'm so lucky to have as many friends as I do scattered all over the world, and I'm lucky to have even been able to do this trip at all. My next one will be even bigger and better and I am beyond excited. Hopefully in 2018 I will be tackling the West Coast (Canada too, again!) and visiting a whole bunch of places I've never been before. Fingers crossed it all works out. I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of my favourite images - this is the first time I've done an entire photo series on my blog but I've really enjoyed it, especially as my love for photography has been positively thriving recently, and it's been fun for me to share my photos with you all.

If you missed any of my other photo posts, here are the links: PART I / PART II / PART III / PART IV. I'd love to hear about trips you've taken, so feel free to tweet me @giordizzle with travel stories or your favourite photos you've taken on holiday. Oh, and before anyone asks, let me mention that I took all the photos on my Olympus E-PL7 or my iPhone SE.

Lastly, I don't want to get all emo, but I just want to say that I dedicate this entire thing to my lovely Granny & Grandpa: I was able to have this magical summer because of them. Somewhat poetically, I carried my new camera around with me in Granny's old camera bag, so I like to think that a part of them somehow got to see me have these incredible experiences. I miss you both.

See you next time!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment