USA & CANADA 2016: PART IV.

Saturday 29 October 2016
My penultimate summer photos post is going to feature all of my favourite pictures from Chicago! I arrived in Chicago on the 25th July and met up with my friend Libby and we both left on the 2nd August, with one day within that spent in Milwaukee (which I posted two photos of in Part III) and one evening in Tinley Park, which is about forty-five minutes outside of the city. We stayed in a hostel in a really cute part of the city and it wasn't as bad as the previous hostel experience we had shared (I don't wanna talk about it) - in fact, I'd maybe go so far as to say I'd stay there again if I ever returned. (Maybe I'd get a private room though.) (I just really like my own space.) Contrary to what you might believe from these photos, the weather wasn't actually too great, and it rained pretty much non-stop for a few days, but hey, you get to see the nice sunny sparkly side of my trip, so enjoy it. What you don't see is the hours we spent in this one particular Dunkin' Donuts that somehow became our sheltering-from-the-rain place. (I'm not complaining, we loved our special Dunkin'.) Prepare yourself for a lot of skyscraper photos. LET'S GO.

Chicago, IL - 25.07.16 - 02.08.16:




There you have it, an abundance of cityscape photographs. Libby and I made the mistake (?) of visiting Chicago on the weekend Lollapalooza was happening, and found that we were probably the only under-25s in the whole of the city not attending. I liked Chicago - it was so cool to go to a sandy beach and look at the seemingly endless lake in front of you and then being able to look behind and see a line of skyscrapers towering over the city. I realise a lot of cities have this, but until this trip I'd never really seen this type of merging of man and nature in person. Overall, my favourite moments of Chicago were, in no particular order:
  • eating true Chicago deep-dish pizza for the first time.
  • getting far too drunk at a 5SOS show and having the time of our lives.
  • walking along Navy Pier and catching a glimpse of the skyline and ending up being stood there marvelling at it for a lot longer than probably necessary.
  • (briefly) looking down at the whole city while stood in the SkyDeck.
  • crying with laughter in our hostel room over Snapchat filters.
  • eating the biggest and possibly best doughnut of my life at the cutest little doughnut place.
See you next time!

Georgia

























No comments:

Post a Comment