MONTHLY FAVOURITES: NOVEMBER 2015.

Monday 30 November 2015
It is currently a mere half-hour into December, which means I am so on time with this post. Let's raise our glasses to punctuality! Unfortunately my current literature essay has not benefitted from this punctuality quite so much, but y'know, baby steps. Here are some things I've been loving this month.



TV Show:
Jane the Virgin.
Two of my friends had mentioned this show to me and from what they'd told me I wasn't sure if I would like it, but thankfully I was proven wrong! It's so overdramatic - it's got the drama and complicated relationships of a soap opera, hence my initial concern - but somehow it works. Above all, this show is really funny, and I'd say at least 85% of that is because of Gina Rodriguez, who plays Jane. (I'm not alone in thinking this - she won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Comedy Television Series, along with plenty of other accolades.) Honestly, this is one of the best comedies I've seen in a while and I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Music:
You're Such A (Hailee Steinfeld), Love Yourself (Justin Bieber) and Victorious (Panic! At The Disco).
Hailee Steinfeld released her debut EP (Haiz) this month and I really like You're Such A, it's such a fun song. Likewise, Justin Bieber released his newest album Purpose on the same day, and as soon as I heard Love Yourself I knew it was my favourite track, it's just so SASSY. Of course, it helped when I later found out Ed Sheeran had co-written and features in the chorus. I have massive love for Ed. Finally, I've been listening to Victorious by P!ATD (aka at this point only Brendon Urie) (too soon?) a lot this month and it really gets me pumped when I'm walking to the station on the way to uni. In fact, it makes me strut, which in turn makes me move faster, which means I am not late to university. Success!

Makeup/Beauty:
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry.
Just FYI, I hate writing the word 'colour' without a 'u', it goes against everything I stand for. Damn you, product names! Anyway, I wanted a nude-ish colour that wasn't like others I already had and this one has indeed fit the bill. It's quite a dark nude - almost red, almost mauve? I don't really know how to describe it but it's cool, and it's also matte and smells of peppermint, which both make it extra cool.

Fashion:
Ankle boots.
My old ankle boots had worn at the heel (probably a result of me walking 2.5 miles to university every day last year) and whenever I wore them they'd make me walk like some kind of inebriated pigeon. (I've never seen an inebriated pigeon but I imagine we'd be akin.) After a few attempts at wearing them out and about and tripping/twisting my ankle I figured it was perhaps time I went out and bought some new boots. I did a bit of research online and found some for 40€ from Zara (that's about £30 for anyone in England) and off I went to buy them! I'm now referring to them as the 'sophisticated older sibling' to my old boots - they both have metal detailing, a small heel and a dual pleather/suede finish, but my new ones just look a bit snazzier.

Quote/Lyric:
"Donc, continuons...continuons quand-même." / "So, let's carry on...let's carry on anyway." - one of my teachers during a little speech he made in the wake of the Paris terror attacks.

Miscellaneous:
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and the crêpe place near my university.
Last week my flatmate's dad came to Paris for her birthday and he came bearing American sweets (*cue The Maine to start playing faintly in the background*) including the largest variety of Oreos I have ever seen in my life. Most importantly, I feel, were the two large packs of Reese's cups. I don't know what it is about these little cups of chocolatey-peanut-butter goodness that really gets to me but they sure do. I've taken to breaking up two or three mini cups and sprinkling them over my banana porridge in the morning. It's good, I'd recommend it. On that food-related note, for the past six weeks or so my friend and I have been going to the same tiny crêperie/sandwich stall every Thursday at lunch. I usually bring my own sandwich to uni but buy myself a 2.30€ Nutella crêpe as a dessert, and let me tell you, there is something about a Nutella crêpe that is just unparalleled. I could eat them all day. It also helps that the lady who runs the stall (and I mean a 'stall' - it's no more than 1.5m² in area) is so super nice and chatty. We're definitely becoming regulars and that is a label I am more than happy to adopt.

As I alluded to earlier, I'm currently in the process of trying to write a literature essay that's due soon. 'Trying' is most definitely the operative word in that sentence. Of course, as it's coming to the end of term I have assignments and exams coming out of my ears (just kidding about the exams, I have only one exam before Christmas) (but then one four-hour one on the 8th January which I don't really want to talk about). I've managed to maybe possibly hopefully finish two of my three assignments today, which I'm incredibly glad about, just need to print them off now. I decided to sort those instead of doing my essay today so at least there was some kind of productivity going on while I came to a grinding halt on the literature. On that note, however, I should probably get to bed now* (*watch the midseason finale of The Walking Dead) so that I can attack my essay afresh tomorrow morning.

See you next time!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment