MONTHLY FAVOURITES: DECEMBER 2015.

Thursday 31 December 2015
HELLO! IT'S THE FINAL DAY OF 2015! It is time for my last monthly favourites post (and post in general) of the year. LET'S GO.



Film:
Love Actually and Cinderella.
What is the Christmas season without Love Actually? Not the Christmas season, my friends. Mostly I just think tiny Thomas Brodie-Sangster is the CUTEST THING EVER AND THE BEST PART OF THE FILM but y'know, it's also generally pretty cute and funny. I also watched the new live-action remake of Cinderella for the first time and I really liked it. I think Cinderella was my favourite Disney princess film when I was younger and instead of making it all modern and contemporary and #cool they stuck to the storyline I was familiar with, and I think it worked in their favour.

TV Show:
Jessica Jones.
I got through all of Jessica Jones really quickly and it was, I confess, my first proper dip into the Marvel universe. Jessica Jones is an awesome protagonist as she is so very far from perfect but also incredibly strong and badass and COOL and so fascinating to watch. The episodes are long and intense and there's never a dull moment. Please watch it.

Music:
Blurryface and Covers (Side A).
I only got onto the Twenty One Pilots hype relatively recently but I'm glad I did. Better late than never eh? This month especially I've been super into Blurryface, and I may make a New Year's resolution to actually learn the words to more of the verses because right now I just make noises in their place. The second album/EP/work I want to mention is The Maine's new mini covers EP just because I LOVE THE MAINE and anything new they release I want to imprint upon my eardrums for  eternity.

Makeup/Beauty:
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina.
I'll be honest, this product is a fairly similar colour to last month's makeup purchase, but it's SO COOL. I've never owned a liquid lipstick before so I'm still working on getting the technique down but I really like the colour, it's a kind of dark dusty pink/brown/mauve. I love how it dries into a matte finish too. I love matte, it's kind of my ~thing.~

Fashion:
Burgundy/purply pleather skirt.
I haven't actually worn this skirt yet but I really like it, it's not really what I'd normally wear but I'm excited to try and dress it down for the day and then dress it up for nighttime. Oh, and it has pockets, which I think could easily be the most important feature.

Quote/Lyric:
"Wasn't that bad...wasn't that good though either." - my grandmother talking about an incredible(?) note I hit while singing along to White Christmas.

Miscellaneous:
Switzerland.
On the 21st December I went home and it's been so nice to be back. Also, it was the first time in my university career that I've been able to get a TRAIN home instead of fly, so that was extra cool for me. I've been enjoying being with my crazy family and also having underfloor heating, mountain views, great water pressure, a full fridge, food cooked for me etc.

I'm going to try to write some kind of 2015 round-up post at some point but I should quite probably get my exam revision done first as I currently have done NOTHING and it's FOUR HOURS LONG. For now I shall leave you with this post, and I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

See you next time (in 2016)!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment