MONTHLY FAVOURITES: AUGUST 2015.

Sunday 30 August 2015
Hello, my blog-reading children, welcome to another monthly favourites post. I've spent the past four weeks pretty much doing nothing in our apartment here in lil' old Switzerland. Here are some of the things I've been loving.



Film:
Tangled, We're The Millers & The Maze Runner.
In July I don't think I watched any films, but in August I watched a tonne (I counted almost twenty!) and I kind of want to mention all of them but in fact I will just talk about a few. First up is Tangled. Tangled is better than Frozen, and that's all you need to know. Tangled deserved the success of Frozen and it truly saddens me that it did not get it. On a very different note, my second film is We're The Millers, which is funny. Mainly I've put this in because Will Poulter's character is fantastic. I love Will Poulter. Speaking of which, I also watched The Maze Runner this month (what a transition)...Dylan O'Brien has always got me Dylan O'Cryin.

TV Show:
Quiz shows.
Since I've been home I've been watching a lot of quiz shows. Like, more than I ever would in a year living by myself. I've even figured out which quiz shows I like and which ones I don't. Is that weird for a 20-year-old to say? I'm not sure, but when you need someone on your pub quiz team, I could be your girl.

Music:
Fifth Harmony and Shawn Mendes.
I've been really enjoying I'm In Love With a Monster by 5H, it's such a cool dancey jam. Also I learnt some of the Spanish version of Worth It just because I CAN. I've been listening to a few Shawn Mendes songs (notably his cover of Drag Me Down, so that's not even his song) and I really like them, they're mostly pretty chilled and I'm a fan of that.

Makeup/Beauty:
Aussie shampoo & conditioner.
Usually I can't afford Aussie shampoo and conditioner, unfortunately, but whenever I come home I get to experience the joy that is Aussie's haircare range, most notably the 3 Minute Miracle conditioner. WOW that stuff is good, and it smells incredible. Upon a trip to Walmart when I was in the US last summer I discovered that Aussie products are less than half the price in America than the UK...why? Why are they so expensive in the UK?

Fashion:
Khaki skirt.
Mum bought me an AWESOME khaki skirt a few weeks back (and a stripy t-shirt, somehow I didn't already own one) and I've worn it a few times but I'm super excited to make some cool looks with it when I unpack all my clothes in my new apartment. One thing that shocks me about this skirt is that it actually COVERS MY BUM. No, more than that, it's about knee-length. I've got nothing against super short skirts, I just often wish that, at 5'8", I could wear something that feels a little less like a belt and more like actual clothes, and this could be The One. Perhaps even more shocking than the length is the fact that this skirt has pockets. Loads of them. Two of them have poppers so can be sealed, and another two are so deep I put my hands in and they almost went up to my elbow. Yep, like men's-clothing-style pockets. Incredible. There might even be some on the back as well, I can't remember, but you don't even NEED them.

Quote/Lyric:
"What's tha- oh. It's the clouds. I thought the mountains had grown." - my sister, looking at the Alps.

Miscellaneous:
Some pretty alright views.
Switzerland isn't the most well-known of countries, but if there's one thing you should know about it, it's that it has some of the most beautiful views ever. I will never get over the majestic beauty of seeing the Alps across the lake from our apartment on a clear day, or when the sun is setting and the sky above the mountains is a kaleidoscope of colour. Gah, so pretty.

In exactly a week I will be making my way to the French capital city, where I'll be living for ten months. I don't know how I feel about it yet but I'll definitely be keeping you posted. Oh, and forgive me if I don't upload on time next weekend, I may be a little busy.

See you next time!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment