MONTHLY FAVOURITES: SEPTEMBER 2015.

Sunday 11 October 2015
Ah. It's nearly two weeks into October and I'm only just uploading my "September Favourites". Better late than never...right? On another note, look how ugly the graphic is this month, it seems really empty for some reason.




Film:
My new vlog...
Definitely not a film and definitely not uploaded in September but I just figured I could promote my own YouTube channel on here (which may or may not be used more regularly from now on). Go on and watch my vlog about my weekend in England, if you want. Just kidding, you have no choice in the matter; watch it right now.

TV Show:
Fear The Walking Dead.
For anyone unfamiliar with this, FTWD is a spin-off of The Walking Dead that's set in LA just as the zombie apocalypse is starting. Understandably it's nowhere near the level of its older brother just yet, but I'd like to think it has potential. Nonetheless I found myself intrigued, and more so by its differences than its similarities with its Atlanta-based counterpart. It feels more cinematic than TWD; reminiscent of horror films (which is odd, because I hate horror films) with its music and the way it's shot, and slow, building tension and fear rather than constant bursts of action. I've not found the characters (bar a couple) (Nick hmu) to be hugely likeable, but I certainly am excited to see how the next season pans out.

Music:
BADLANDS.
Halsey's album came out at the end of August and I've been avidly listening to it ever since. I think I've made my feelings on her debut pretty clear (see: this post) so I'll just leave it at this for now.

Makeup/Beauty:
Sleek contouring kit.
Due to the fact that my cheeks bear much resemblance to those of a squirrel storing nuts for his family in the winter, no contouring kit will ever be able to give me killer cheekbones, no matter how good the product is. It probably doesn't help that I have no idea how to apply it properly. How do people contour their cheeks without appearing as if they've smeared soot all over their face? I can only ever attain the chimney sweep look and I'll be honest, it doesn't quite work for me. However, I've found that Sleek's contour palette only makes my face look a little bit dirty, so I tend to stick to it. Mostly, though, I've put this product in my post because of the highlighter. I load that onto my cheeks to add a lil' bit of shimmer to my otherwise slightly dull-looking skin.

Fashion:
High-waisted jeans.
I recently bought my first ever pair of high-waisted jeans that actually FEELS high-waisted. Usually they just come up to some weird point at my hips (and thus become the least flattering shape ever) because I'm pretty tall and also have quite wide hips, but my new ones are almost properly at my waist. I know, it's a miracle. I found them in H&M by accident, which just proves to me that we only ever find what we are looking for once we've stopped looking. Oh, universe, you got me good.

Quote/Lyric:
"I found God, I found him in a pancake." - Unknown.

Miscellaneous:
Paris' pastries.
I mean, to be honest I am still a huge advocate for Lidl's pastries, but I feel I should at least give an honorary mention to France's baked goods. I've been loving pains aux raisins and have taken it upon myself to try as many as I can from as many shops and bakeries as I can in order to find out which place does it best. I will share my findings with you all. Anything to help the people.

I've already started preparing my "October Favourites" so that one should definitely maybe hopefully be up on time in about three weeks. Also, I've got a few other posts in the works, so stay tuned, I will be updating very soon.

See you next time!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment