MONTHLY FAVOURITES: MAY 2015.

Sunday 31 May 2015
Hello! I finished my exams just under a week ago and that is why I've been MIA for a few weeks. I'd like to think they went alright, but I suppose I'll find out during the summer. Nonetheless, I'm back now, and ready to absolutely rock your world with some new posts. Are you ready? Can you handle this? Let's go.




Film:
Kingsman: The Secret Service.
It was my housemate's last day in London last night so a bunch of us got together with a load of junk food and watched this film together. I wasn't expecting much but DAMN this movie far exceeded my expectations. It was action-packed and witty and the effects were simultaneously amazing and ridiculous (if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean by 'the firework scene'...I rest my case.) You can never really go wrong with posh people in tailored suits brandishing about awesome spy gadgets can you?

TV Show:
Vampire Diaries.
I used to watch this show but when I came to uni I stopped, for reasons unknown. However, during my revision/exam time I decided to start up watching again, because, after all, what is better for revision than starting a TV show?! Luckily I did exhibit some self control and only watched it in the evenings after I'd finished my work for the day, but hey, it was a risky move starting watching it. I managed to get through the two seasons I'd missed and was only slightly surprised to find I could slip right back into it as if I'd never left. Also, I still loved Damon just like before. Also, also, can we talk about Kai? Yeah. Ha. Right. I have to say, sociopathic sadistic serial killers don't usually do it for me, but he's really funny, so I've made an exception.

Music:
Walk The Moon.
I've never really listened to Walk The Moon properly, and prior to listening I only knew a few of their songs, but I'm really glad I found them on Spotify a week or so ago. As of this moment I think my favourite songs are Jenny, Up 2 U and Shut Up and Dance. I love their vibe and so far I've thoroughly enjoyed listening to their music, so I'd highly recommend you check them out if you haven't already.

Makeup/Beauty:
ChapStick Pomegranate Gumdrop.
I've not discovered anything new that was particularly wild this month, what with me mostly staying indoors, but I did find my ChapStick that I bought last summer. I've had it with me pretty much all the time because I love the scent (flavour? scent?), and it's even been in my exam pencil case for me to use when times (or lips) get rough in the exam hall. Nice.

Fashion:
Black La Moda rucksack.
For about 9 months I was using a black pleather backpack from Primark pretty much every day - it travelled everywhere with me, including to America and Switzerland, and then every day for uni, but on one dreadful rainy afternoon one of the straps broke and the bag was no more. I just got around to buying a new one from La Moda (Primark seems to have stopped selling them) and it looks like it'll be just as good for me. It fits my laptop and A4-sized books so it seems like I'll be able to use it for uni next year too, which was my plan, so SCORE!

Quote/Lyric:
"So I started writing, and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you? Like...like water just...just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids." - Kai Parker, Vampire Diaries.

Miscellaneous:
Domino's pizza.
On the final day of exams I ordered pizza with Tara (my housemate who's just left) and we sat and ate it on the roof and it was SO GOOD. I'd been looking forward to the pizza for the entirety of my exams and was using it as motivation to get through. I'm going to have to go back to limiting my spending after this week of buying stuff (usually I spend only a fraction of what I spent last week so this is unusual for me) but it's been nice while it's lasted.

I love June a lot for various reasons and I've already got quite a few plans for it, so I can't wait to see what my favourites post for my final month in England will feature in a few weeks' time. Bring on next month!

See you next time!

Georgia

1 comment:

  1. Nice bakcpack :)
    BLOG M&M FASHION BITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete