MONTHLY FAVOURITES: FEBRUARY 2016.

Tuesday 1 March 2016
I have officially done twelve monthly favourites posts! I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN DOING AT LEAST ONE POST A MONTH FOR A YEAR! I'm not going to pretend I'm going to stick to a super strict, regular uploading schedule from now on but at least I've managed this. Small victories. Without further delay, here are some things I've been vibin' in February. P.S.: I'm writing this on the 29th February and I just wanted to let you all know that, because this date is CRAZY.



Film:
I originally wrote The DUFF in this section but to be honest it was just a film I watched tonight for some easy viewing, and it was hardly my favourite film in the world, so it would feel kind of weird to put it here. I'm back to having to watch films for uni and it's as strange as ever. I tend to get stuck in film ruts so if you have any recommendations (any at all) I'd love to hear them.

TV Show:
Sense8.
I've heard so many people go on about this show but I hadn't properly looked into it until this month. All I can say is "YOOOOOOO!" Sense8 is weird. Like, it's really weird, but in a super cool way. In a very brief summary, this show is about the psychic connection between eight characters - all of whom with their own individual storylines across the globe (and each storyline is a different genre/has an entirely different ~vibe~). It took a few episodes to really grip me as a viewer but once I'd got to that point I was hooked. Patience is a virtue. There's something really cool about using Netflix as the platform to host the twelve hour-long episodes - it feels like an interesting midpoint between film and TV. Overall, Sense8 is full of action (some SICK fight sequences, honestly) and funny exchanges (Will meeting Lito was one of my favourites) but most of all it's about the strength of human connection, and it's really not as cheesy as I've made it sound.
N.B.: It's not for lazy viewing - you do need to use your brain a bit.

Music:
Vikings.
I've been listening to New Politics' most recent album a fair amount this month, especially Aristocrat, 50 Feet Tall and Girl Crush - all of these songs are such bops. I don't really have a lot to say except that you should check out Aristocrat if you haven't heard it before because that's my favourite out of all of them.

Makeup/Beauty:
Lidl's 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner.
A few weeks ago I was in Lidl (say nothing) and accidentally picked up their 2-in-1 stuff instead of normal shampoo and I didn't realise until I got home, by which point it was too late. I figured I might as well try it out and I was pleasantly surprised. Admittedly my hair is low maintenance (in the sense that it does not need to be washed more than twice a week/doesn't get particularly knotty even though I don't brush it apart from when I've just got out of the shower/it dries straight and smooth even without brushing etc.) (the flip side of this is that it is BORING and often too heavy for cute hairstyles and also does not hold a curl, but there you go, swings and roundabouts) but as far as less-than-a-euro two-in-one products go, it works well enough on my hair that I've continued to use it. It also means I get to cut down on my shower time, which is great for me because I hate my shower in this apartment, it's gross. On a side note, I'm probably the first person ever to put this product in a monthly favourites post. I can't be tamed.

Fashion:
Lace-up playsuit.
I am fairly tall, and I really struggle with finding playsuits that cover my bum/don't give me a wedgie/don't cut me in half. I stumbled upon this cute Missguided one in their "tall" section and it's really pretty and is...hold on...LONG ENOUGH TO COVER EVERYTHING! In retrospect I should've got the size lower but I panicked, so it's actually quite big for me, but I'm going to see if I (Mum?) can bring it in a little. (I can't be bothered to pay for the postage to return it and get a new one sent back to me, I ain't about that life.)

Quote/Lyric:
"We're alive and we drive to the centre of it." - We All Roll Along by The Maine, I just love it I LOVE IT.

Miscellaneous:
Iced tea.
I love iced tea so much (to this day I wonder if it's "ice tea" or "iced tea"...) and I've really stepped up my game this month in drinking it. I've found they do 0,40€ cans in the supermarket opposite my house, and 1-litre bottles for 0,70€, so I have been truly enjoying tasting what France has to offer. It's the supermarket's own-brand version but it's good. I've found that in my many years of iced-tea-drinking I often prefer the supermarket brands to Lipton or Nestea as they're less sweet and have a stronger tea flavour. Alright, I need to stop, how am I speaking this analytically about a drink?

Thanks for reading my monthly rambling - I know these aren't the most interesting of posts but they force me to at least produce some kind of content on a somewhat regular basis. I'm kind of sort of in the process of writing two other posts so hopefully at least one of them will be up sometime in March. I'm on half term at the moment so provided I do all the uni work I need to do and don't get distracted by yet another TV show, I should be able to get them written and edited before the month is up.

See you next time!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment