MONTHLY FAVOURITES: JANUARY 2016.

Tuesday 2 February 2016
Hello! I thought I'd drop by and give you an update about what I loved last month.



Film:
Harry Potter.
As is mine and my mother's custom whenever I'm home, we had a Harry Potter marathon this month when I was in Switzerland. I have no words to express just how big of a space in my heart Harry Potter fills, but let's just say that I love it a LOT. I find the films so easy to watch because they're just so familiar to me (I can recite the Philosopher's Stone 100% word-for-word, and probably about 90% of the Chamber of Secrets, if that says anything) and I am never ever going to get bored of the magic JK Rowling has created on page, screen and in my head.

TV Show:
New Girl.
My flatmate and I watched a (season four) episode of New Girl together a few weeks ago and remembering how funny it is inspired me to rewatch all of them from the beginning. Before this I'd only ever got to season two so a lot of it was new for me which was nice. I haven't watched season five yet because I want to wait until all the episodes are out but, aside from a few slower episodes, I've really enjoyed watching/rewatching it. IT'S SO FUNNY.

Music:
Death of a Bachelor, Handwritten and The Maine (ALL OF THEIR MUSIC).
Panic!'s new album was just released (watch this space on an album review, I've had one brewing since its day of release but haven't got around to properly editing it yet) and without giving too much away, it is a JAM from start to finish. I've also been listening to Shawn Mendes a lot because I have shamelessly (that's a lie, I am mildly ashamed) fallen in love with his music. I am a big fan of Something Big and A Little Too Much. Unsurprisingly, I was listening to The Maine SO MUCH in January, what with my impending concert. I always find that before gigs I get a sudden surge of love (more than usual, which is impressive) for the artist I'm going to see. If you've never listened to The Maine before then you're missing out and I'd give you a recommendation on what to listen to specifically but it'd just be "their entire discography" so that's not particularly useful. On that note though, check out the post I wrote about getting to see and meet them in Norwich.

Makeup/Beauty:
Coconut oil.
For Christmas I got a big tub of coconut oil and at the beginning of the month I was putting it on my face twice a day for about a week and my skin was SO NICE. Unfortunately what with travelling quite a lot this month and not wanting to bring such a huge tub with me, I stopped using it when I wasn't in Paris, but I'm excited (yes, excited about OIL) to be using it again now I'm back in France.

Fashion:
The Maine shirt.
Everything in this post seems to be related to The Maine this month but I don't really care. For a little while I'd been looking at this white and navy flag shirt on their online merch store and came so close to buying it multiple times but stopped myself. When I got to their show last week I headed straight for the merch and bought myself aforementioned top. YOLO, etc.

Quote/Lyric:
"Don't fall in love there's just too much to lose, if given the choice then I'm begging you choose to walk alway, walk away, don't let it get you, I can't bear to see the same happen to you." - Terrible Things by Mayday Parade. I've been listening to this song a lot and this lyric for some reason really gets to me.

Miscellaneous:
The TGV.
In the month of January I found myself on a grand total of five high-speed trains. I don't want to be that person who gets excited about trains, but I'll be honest, I'm excited about these trains. An advantage of living in Paris is that I am midway between London and Geneva, which means that, even though I can get kind of sad that I'm not in either place at any given moment, it only takes between two and three hours by train to actually get to those cities. Also, I love flying, but TGVs are infinitely more comfortable than planes. I approve.

I am going to attempt to write more consistently this year but that is something we're all just going to have to see to believe really, isn't it?

See you next time!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment