MONTHLY FAVOURITES: JUNE 2015.

Thursday 9 July 2015
June has been really busy, as was expected. I simultaneously feel like I haven't had any time to myself, and that I've had so much time doing nothing, so I'm not sure how that's worked out. Yes, I know this monthly favourites is late, but it's here, which is better than nothing. Allons-y!




Film:
22 Jump Street.
I know I've put the prequel to this on another favourites post, but I happened to watch the second again (and again) in June, so I kinda sorta had to make this my favourite film of the month. 22 Jump Street is just as funny as its predecessor and it never fails to make me laugh out loud.

TV Show:
My Mad Fat Diary.
I've been watching a LOT of TV shows this month, and a lot of my favourites have recently come back for their new season, but MMFD really has pulled through. I absolutely loved the first two seasons, and even though the second one ended really well, I don't think making a (shorter) third season has been to its detriment. The drama, the comedy and the music - all is as fantastic as it has been previously. This programme receives a lot of critical acclaim, and it's completely unsurprising. If you've never watched it, you should. PS: Finn still looks GREAT. PPS: I would've put OITNB as my monthly favourite but for some reason this season didn't really have as much of an impact on me as its previous ones had. Here lies a mildly disappointed Georgia.

Music:
Hold Me Down (Halsey), Burnin' Up (Jonas Brothers), Up 2 U (Walk The Moon) & I'm So Sorry (Imagine Dragons).
These four songs have been on repeat for me in June (I realise one of them is quite different to the others). Hearing studio versions of any Halsey songs is always a blessing, I haven't been so excited for a debut album for a while, so I'm sure you'll hear a lot more talk about her from me in the coming months. The JoBros song has cemented itself into my Spotify playlists, especially with the various rather fitting incidents of this month (1. England's heatwave and 2. Michael Clifford's hair setting on fire, etc. etc.). Burnin' Up will always be a jam and NO ONE can change my opinion on the matter. Both Up 2 U and I'm So Sorry have really cool beats and drops and I feel like such a boss listening to them while walking - I wholeheartedly recommend you try it.

Makeup/Beauty:
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.
My Naked 2 palette is a prized possession - I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes but this one is just so beautiful and so reliable that I always go back to it. I recently moved house (again) (though only temporarily this time) and my palette was in my handbag amongst my purse, passport and phone (that's a lot of alliteration) instead of in my slightly-overpacked suitcase. Always save the eyeshadow palette! Always!

Fashion:
White t-shirt dress.
I had been looking for a white t-shirt dress for so long when ASOS finally handed me the goods on one whimsical scroll through the internet. It's super comfy and looks pretty cool and, as I got it from the 'tall' section, it's actually long enough to be considered a dress...It's not just a long t-shirt? I know, I was as shocked as you are.

Quote/Lyric:
"Let's get a bottle of wine to sob into all night, yeah, and a chick flick." - I found this in my notes on my phone; I overheard a conversation on the bus between two brokenhearted drunken young men at about 11pm one day in June and I thought it was funny.

Miscellaneous:
Hanging out with some of my favourite people.
June was filled with hanging out with many of my favourite people, starting with the events of the 5SOS tour, (I wrote a whole post about it here) which was the most fun EVER. I also got to meet 2/4 of one of my favourite bands - Jack and Alex from All Time Low! Okay then! During the various concerts I attended I hung out with loads of my friends and met some really awesome new people. I even got the chance to see some of my family (my mum, sisters, grandparents and uncles and aunts and cousins!!!) which was cute. On my birthday I went to Thorpe Park with two friends, and I rediscovered my love for rollercoasters (also I learnt that I literally feel NO FEAR when it comes to rollercoasters, and this alarmed me somewhat). I went on a final Big Night Out in London with my uni friends and it was a really fun way to end my stay in the city.

For those who don't know, I left London at the end of June to head to Guildford for a month, where I'm working on the university campus. I won't be back living in London until September 2017 so it was a bit emo to say goodbye to the city I've called home (well...one of my homes) for two years! I've been pretty busy in Surrey so far but I'm enjoying work more than I thought I would, and everyone's been so nice. I don't suppose my next favourites post will be particularly interesting because of how nonstop I've been working, but we'll have to wait and see.

See you next time!

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment